TT Mobil İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş, (previously Avea İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş.), currently operating under the Türk Telekom brand, is the sole GSM 1800 mobile operator of Turkey, was founded in 2004, and has reached a nationwide customer base of 17 million as of September 30, 2015. The privatization of 55% of Türk Telekom's shares was completed in November 2005, by Oger Telecom's. In September 2006, Türk Telekom acquired Telecom Italia's shares of 40.6% in Avea. Turk Telekom's share is 81.37% in Avea. The remaining 18.63% of the shares belongs to İş Bankası.

Property Value
dbo:abstract
  • TT Mobil İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş, (previously Avea İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş.), currently operating under the Türk Telekom brand, is the sole GSM 1800 mobile operator of Turkey, was founded in 2004, and has reached a nationwide customer base of 17 million as of September 30, 2015. TT&TİM İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş. was officially established on February 19, 2004 as a consequence of the merger between Aycell, Türk Telekom's GSM Operator and İş-TİM which has been established through the partnership of İş Bankası Group with a share of 51% and Telecom Italia Mobile with a share of 49%. Following the merger, for a period Aria and Aycell brands existed under TT&TİM. A totally new brand "Avea", reflecting the synergy from the merger was introduced into the market on June 23, 2004. The business name "TT&TİM İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş" was replaced with "Avea İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş." as of October 15, 2004. The privatization of 55% of Türk Telekom's shares was completed in November 2005, by Oger Telecom's. In September 2006, Türk Telekom acquired Telecom Italia's shares of 40.6% in Avea. Turk Telekom's share is 81.37% in Avea. The remaining 18.63% of the shares belongs to İş Bankası. On 27 January 2016, Türk Telekom decided to use single brand "Türk Telekom", for its mobile networking, landlines and internet service provider. In June 2017, Avea presented a $450 joint bid with Vodafone Turkey to provide mobile communications infrastructure in areas where these infrastructures are still lacking. (en)
dbo:foundingDate
  • 2004-02-04 (xsd:date)
dbo:location
dbo:parentCompany
dbo:wikiPageEditLink
dbo:wikiPageExternalLink
dbo:wikiPageExtracted
  • 2019-10-17 20:35:07Z (xsd:date)
dbo:wikiPageHistoryLink
dbo:wikiPageID
  • 3710978 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageLength
  • 6652 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageModified
  • 2019-10-17 20:34:59Z (xsd:date)
dbo:wikiPageOutDegree
  • 21 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageRevisionID
  • 921776438 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageRevisionLink
dbp:wikiPageUsesTemplate
dbp:wordnet_type
dct:subject
rdf:type
rdfs:comment
  • TT Mobil İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş, (previously Avea İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş.), currently operating under the Türk Telekom brand, is the sole GSM 1800 mobile operator of Turkey, was founded in 2004, and has reached a nationwide customer base of 17 million as of September 30, 2015. The privatization of 55% of Türk Telekom's shares was completed in November 2005, by Oger Telecom's. In September 2006, Türk Telekom acquired Telecom Italia's shares of 40.6% in Avea. Turk Telekom's share is 81.37% in Avea. The remaining 18.63% of the shares belongs to İş Bankası. (en)
rdfs:label
  • Avea (en)
owl:sameAs
foaf:homepage
foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf
foaf:name
  • Türk Telekom (en)
is dbo:parentCompany of
is dbo:recordLabel of
is dbp:label of
is dbp:shirtsponsors of
is foaf:primaryTopic of