ESPN2 is an American pay television network that is owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (which owns a controlling 80% stake) and the Hearst Communications (which owns the remaining 20%). ESPN2 was initially formatted as a younger-skewing counterpart to its parent network ESPN, with a focus on sports popular among young adult audiences (ranging from mainstream events to other unconventional sports). By the late 1990s, this mandate was phased out, as the channel increasingly served as a second outlet for ESPN's mainstream sports coverage.

Property Value
dbo:abstract
  • ESPN2 is an American pay television network that is owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (which owns a controlling 80% stake) and the Hearst Communications (which owns the remaining 20%). ESPN2 was initially formatted as a younger-skewing counterpart to its parent network ESPN, with a focus on sports popular among young adult audiences (ranging from mainstream events to other unconventional sports). By the late 1990s, this mandate was phased out, as the channel increasingly served as a second outlet for ESPN's mainstream sports coverage. As of September 2018, ESPN2 is available to approximately 86 million television households (93.2% of households with pay television) in the United States. (en)
dbo:headquarter
dbo:owningCompany
dbo:pictureFormat
dbo:thumbnail
dbo:wikiPageEditLink
dbo:wikiPageExternalLink
dbo:wikiPageExtracted
  • 2019-09-20 01:55:17Z (xsd:date)
dbo:wikiPageHistoryLink
dbo:wikiPageID
  • 634093 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageLength
  • 18627 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageModified
  • 2019-09-20 01:54:43Z (xsd:date)
dbo:wikiPageOutDegree
  • 140 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageRevisionID
  • 916673475 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageRevisionLink
dbp:wikiPageUsesTemplate
dbp:wordnet_type
dct:subject
rdf:type
rdfs:comment
  • ESPN2 is an American pay television network that is owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (which owns a controlling 80% stake) and the Hearst Communications (which owns the remaining 20%). ESPN2 was initially formatted as a younger-skewing counterpart to its parent network ESPN, with a focus on sports popular among young adult audiences (ranging from mainstream events to other unconventional sports). By the late 1990s, this mandate was phased out, as the channel increasingly served as a second outlet for ESPN's mainstream sports coverage. (en)
rdfs:label
  • ESPN2 (en)
rdfs:seeAlso
owl:sameAs
foaf:depiction
foaf:homepage
foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf
foaf:name
  • ESPN2 (en)
is dbo:channel of
is dbo:network of
is dbo:wikiPageRedirects of
is dbp:broadcast of
is dbp:gamename of
is dbp:network of
is dbp:rd of
is dbp:rd1Score of
is dbp:rd2Score of
is dbp:sisterChannels of
is dbp:television of
is dbp:tv of
is dbp:tvstation of
is dbp:usNetwork of
is owl:differentFrom of
is foaf:primaryTopic of