Step 3 is the final exam in the USMLE series of examinations. It is part of the licensing requirements for Doctors of Medicine (M.D.) and international medical graduates to practice medicine in the United States. The USMLE Step 3 exam is considered the final step in the series of medical licensure examinations. Generally, it is a pre-requisite of the majority of the state licensing boards. Since 2014 USMLE Step 3 can be taken on two non-consecutive days, instead of two consecutive days.

Property Value
dbo:abstract
  • Step 3 is the final exam in the USMLE series of examinations. It is part of the licensing requirements for Doctors of Medicine (M.D.) and international medical graduates to practice medicine in the United States. The USMLE Step 3 exam is considered the final step in the series of medical licensure examinations. Generally, it is a pre-requisite of the majority of the state licensing boards. USMLE Step 3 tests several concepts that are often required to provide general health care to a patient. USMLE Step 3 is a mandatory exam that must be passed in order to obtain license as a practicing physician. Some International Medical Graduates are required to pass USMLE Step 3 in order to obtain an H1 Visa. Most of the USMLE Step 3 exam (75 percent) consists of multiple choice questions, while the remaining 25 percent are clinical case simulations. A full description of the content of the exam can be found on the USMLE website. USMLE Step 3 exams are delivered online but administered only at Prometric testing centers, which emphasize identity verification and security. Examinees must provide official photo identification and fingerprints as well as pass both metal detector and physical inspection every time they wish to enter the examination room. Materials allowed within the exam room are extremely limited and most require prior approval, including medical equipment. Examinees are on video surveillance during the examination. The test is available throughout the year to the examinees. Since 2014 USMLE Step 3 can be taken on two non-consecutive days, instead of two consecutive days. (en)
dbo:wikiPageEditLink
dbo:wikiPageExtracted
  • 2019-09-24 18:01:28Z (xsd:date)
dbo:wikiPageHistoryLink
dbo:wikiPageID
  • 16264963 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageLength
  • 7436 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageModified
  • 2019-09-24 17:42:46Z (xsd:date)
dbo:wikiPageOutDegree
  • 12 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageRevisionID
  • 917621943 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageRevisionLink
dbp:wikiPageUsesTemplate
dct:subject
rdfs:comment
  • Step 3 is the final exam in the USMLE series of examinations. It is part of the licensing requirements for Doctors of Medicine (M.D.) and international medical graduates to practice medicine in the United States. The USMLE Step 3 exam is considered the final step in the series of medical licensure examinations. Generally, it is a pre-requisite of the majority of the state licensing boards. Since 2014 USMLE Step 3 can be taken on two non-consecutive days, instead of two consecutive days. (en)
rdfs:label
  • USMLE Step 3 (en)
owl:sameAs
foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf
is foaf:primaryTopic of